Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

That's not a Hippopotamus

Kia Ora,

Yesterday our wifi trickled through, and we needed to prioritise. My husband had a lab to upload to the Uni, Mr 16 had a Science lesson to watch and Ms 18 is doing NCEA level 13. After countless phone calls to our service provider, it seems we are 'far away from the exchange', and are on the best package possible for our area. Bring on fibre!

So, I decided to do my work on Saturday this week, to give the others a chance to get stuff done. I bet there are many of you in this situation. I read a post somewhere, that it's a good idea to schedule a meeting in the morning to see who has what on, and to try to work around each other. First world problems, I know. But, with that explanation out of the way, today I will be posting the next chapter read aloud, of The Mapmaker's Race, to the Seesaw.

I also have a few updates for the wakelet:

That's not a Hippopotomus!


Watch Juliette MacIver read her award-winning "That's not a Hippopotomus!" Many of you will know this fabulous story from school.

https://wakelet.com/wake/BYiFNo5lfilJ0n5M6DF3g/edit


Frog and Toad anniversary event kit


Also, did you know it's the 50th Anniversary of Frog and Toad? There is a Frog & Toad event kit with kite craft, colouring and more.


Free Ebook


Lastly, my first book, Trainsurfer is available as a free Ebook. Fill in a form to sign up to my newsletter (I seldom send anything) and I will email it to you. Recommended for reading age 10 up.

Hope you enjoy this sunny day.
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a put-up zone :)