Pages

Wednesday 8 September 2021

Free book for a week...

Help, I've run out of books!

Don't worry - I have just the book for you...


New Zealand award winning author, Bren MacDibble (How to Bee, The Dog Runner and Across the Risen Sea) has offered Across the Risen Sea, free for a week, as part of the COP26 Virtual Book Showcase:


You can read it here:

https://ocean.exacteditions.com/issues/95823/spread/1

Now if you don't finish it in a week, just write down the page number you were on, and come and see me when we're back at school. I have a copy in the library you can borrow (or reserve if it's out).


This is what Bren MacDibble has to say on Twitter about her book being showcased as part of COP26:

"I'm proud that a book of mine is being showcased in the lead up to the UN Climate Change Con in Glasgow. I mean, it's really something to be selected. My wild perspectives of climate changed futures is part of a larger and vitally important discussion. The UN!Face screaming in fear"

I am personally a fan of MacDibble's books and have written reviews for the first two books. Here is my review on How to Bee 




and here's my review on The Dog Runner





Here's a quick review I wrote about Across the Risen Sea on my Goodreads:

"This story has it all for readers who love adventure. Crazy pirates, crocs, sharks, sailing about on a catamaran on the risen sea... a futuristic Valley of the Sun and a people who live gently on this earth. There is mystery and friendship, great character arcs, and community. The story is told in the youthful unschooled voice of Neoma, which added authenticity and made it slightly more challenging to read. The challenge pays off, as we really feel connected to her and her fishing folk world. My favourite of the three recent books written by Macdibble. I’ll be recommending this to our y5/6 teachers as a read aloud."

I hope you enjoy reading the free copy of Across the Risen Sea.


And please send me your book reviews for the Book Review Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a put-up zone :)