Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

New Lego and Star Wars books coming soon to a galaxy near you!

If I had a dollar for every time a young boy asked me if we have any Lego / Star Wars books, well I'd be rich. Bearing that in mind, I try to select a few new ones every time we get to pick new Scholastic books through the lucky book club, and I also purchase them selectively. These are great hook books - and I don't like to cast gender stereotypes - but boys especially love these books. 

I am busy cataloguing the following books - so once they've been stickered, taped and covered, they will soon be available for borrowing. I also have three new Thea Stilton chapter books, a new Geronimo Stilton, an Adventure Time Encyclopedia, a Minecraft book and an exciting new series called Spirit Animals and the latest Freak Street. Five new Where's Wally books are being processed, plus Monkey Puzzle by Julia Donaldson, Tuck Everlasting, Skulduggery Pleasant (for those who like something a little scary) and an excellent non-fiction book titled "Maori in New Zealand". 

Look out for "The Church Mice at Christmas" by Graham Oakley. This series was my absolute favourite as a child and I still love them. The characters are ironic but lovable, the humour is dry, and sometimes outright hilarious and the illustrations are just amazing. If you ever have any books that you would like me to purchase, pop in and see me or leave me a note in the library office. 

May the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a put-up zone :)