Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Celebrating World Read Aloud Day

Today is the day. 5th March is World Read Aloud Day. 


Imagine a world where everyone can read...

World Read Aloud Day takes action to show the world that the right to read and write belongs to all people. In support of this awesome global initiative, I'll read a story aloud at lunch time today, and I will play a few online videos of authors reading aloud to play on the 'big screen' in the library, every day this week. That brings me to another reason to celebrate ... the amplifier in the library has been repaired - so from now on I will be able to play book trailers, authors reading aloud and have all sorts of interesting story time happenings at library lunchtimes.

Would you like to get involved? Go to http://litworld.org/worldreadaloudday for a multitude of ways that you can get behind this special day.

I know our teachers read aloud to their classes frequently, and to celebrate that I will ask them at morning tea to try to get videos or pics taken to show that they have supported this initiative. 

Parents, you can get involved too. Read aloud - send me the pics or videos and I will possibly upload them to this blog. 
My email:library@woodlandspark.school.nz 

Children - it would be really cool if you could read a story to little siblings and get your mum or dad to send me the video.

If I get enough vids, I may even start a flipgrid. Check this one out:

http://flipgrid.com/#f4ad9b3e

Go to twitter and type in #wrad or #wrad14 to see how people are getting involved around the world.



  This would also be a good week for us to share our favourite read aloud books. You can comment below, drop me an email or come and tell me your favourite read aloud book.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a put-up zone :)