Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

Children's books I read in 2013

Hi everyone and welcome back to school. 

Children often ask me to recommend books to them so I decided to read a few children's books in 2013. I managed twelve in-between some adult books and I felt greatly enriched by them! Many of the books that I read were Newbery Medal winners because I happened across an SLJ top fiction list which leaned that way. I also read The Glass Tower written by Margaret Beams, a New Zealand author, as my daughter's class were reading it at the time and it sounded fascinating. 

So here are the books that I read:

When You Reach Me 
 The Glass Tower

9239452 1527413 

The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) 309773

Treasure Island 


Many of these books have been made into movies, so I am going to write a short blog on that soon. Have you read any of these books? What do you rate them? Have you seen the movie? Which do you prefer, the movie or the book?

I would love to hear your comments, and I promise to write more about these books soon.

Have a happy weekend! Read lots!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a put-up zone :)