Pages

Monday 23 August 2021

National Poetry Day is this Friday

Kia Ora,

Friday 27th August is National Poetry Day in Aotearoa, New Zealand. Paula Green has compiled some videos of authors reading poems. Have a look on her page (scroll down to see the videos):

https://nzpoetrybox.wordpress.com/2021/08/23/poetry-box-national-poetry-day-celebration-8-nz-childrens-authors-read-a-poem-for-you-plus-poetry-challenges-plus-book-giveaways-ideas-for-schools-and-for-lockdown-time/

Paula Green has also posted a poetry challenge on her website. Here it is:

Deadline: 10th September

Send to: paulajoygreen@gmail.com

Include: name, age, year, name of school or homeschooled

Don’t forget to put National Poetry Day Poem in subject line so I don’t miss it

I will post some favourite poems on 17th September. I will have loads of books to give away! I will read all the poems and email you back by this date.

IF YOU MAKE a video – I need parental permission to post it if I pick it.

TOP TIP: Leave your poem for a day and then read it out loud. Listen again before you send it to me.

So, young poets... See, imagine, write...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a put-up zone :)